- Our principles with respect to your information and your privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- Your choices with respect to your information
- How to contact us regarding privacy issues
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarized as follows:
You should know exactly what we do with your information.
You should have full control over your information
We’ve designed the Website to give you control over the information you publish and share using Muslimpreneurs and other sites and services to which you connect your MuslimPreneurs account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only share what you want to share.
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a MuslimPreneurs account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of MuslimPreneurs account, you will need to provide your email address, your month and year of birth, and choose a password. In addition, if you register a premium account, you will also need to provide your real name, address and payment verification information.
- Non-essential information: Your gender if you wish to provide it.
- Profile information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on MuslimPreneurs – for example:
- your real name;
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym);
- the city and country in which you live;
- a profile picture or avatar;
- a logo icon (for Members Account Only);
- information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are an entrepreneur, a brand or an organization)
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles, and link to your digital stores or streaming stores together with YouTube links or other video link which can be embedded or linked;
- Profile is a must to Member Account holder, but we can say that none of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time. For more information, see the Choice and Control section below.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you upload sounds to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming or downloading sounds, uploading or recording sounds, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing a track with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
Information from other sources
MuslimPreneurs allows you to register and login using your Facebook account. If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with MuslimPreneurs. This includes your first name, last name, gender, general location, a link to your Facebook profile, your timezone, birthday, profile picture, your “likes” and your list of friends.
If you register to MuslimPreneurs using Facebook, your MuslimPreneurs account will be connected automatically to your Facebook account, and information regarding your activity on MuslimPreneurs specifically any new updates that you post on MuslimPreneurs and any new favorites, will be shared with Facebook and will be published in your timeline and your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. If you do not wish to share your MuslimPreneurs’s activity with your Facebook friends, you can control this from the Settings page on the Website – for more information, see the section below. If you signed up using Facebook by mistake, you can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings at any time, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you signed up to MuslimPreneurs using Google+ by mistake, you can delete your account from the account page within your settings at any time, or you can email us at email@example.com
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To operate and maintain your MuslimPreneurs account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- To identify you as the legal representative and having the beneficial ownership or authority for all that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To provide other users with data regarding people streaming and downloading their sounds.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- If you subscribe to a premium account, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. MuslimPreneurs also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to change your preferences, and to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications, please see the Choice and Control section, below.
- If you are a Facebook or Google+ user, and one of your Facebook or Google+ friend’s registers for a MuslimPreneurs account, we will suggest to your Facebook or Google+ friend that you might be someone they may wish to follow on MuslimPreneurs account.
- If you are a Facebook or Google+ user and sign up using Facebook or Google+ , we may also use the information we receive about you from Facebook or Google to suggest or connect you to users that you may wish to follow on MuslimPreneurs. It will be up to you if you choose to follow these users and you can unfollow them at any time.
Improving and customizing the Platform and advertising:
- To analyse the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve MuslimPreneurs;
- To show you ads on behalf of advertisers, we use information that you make available to us when you interact with the Platform. This allows us to show you ads that are more relevant and interesting to you. Please note that we do not share personal data with advertisers. Instead, advertisers pre-define a specific audience by certain generic criteria (e.g. the city of residence, the age range, or the number of followers of an unidentified user) for a specific ad campaign. If your profile matches these generic criteria, we may choose to display a suitable ad to you. We may also display ads based on the content that you have recently viewed or searched, however no personal data is used for such ads. We don’t use any of your information to display ads across other websites to you.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
- Other users: Any information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, listen to and comment on any of your public sounds, add themselves to your list of followers, and send you messages. If you listen to any sounds uploaded by a premium user, the fact that you have listened to those sounds will be shared with that premium user, so that they can track the popularity of their sounds. Similarly, if you comment on any sounds on the Platform, your comments will be available to all users of the Platform.
- With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service providers: We use certain reputable third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the Asian and European Economic Area, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal data to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Users of our API: MuslimPreneurs has an open API, which enables application developers to integrate elements of the Platform into exciting new apps. Some of these developers may be located outside of the Asian and European Economic Area. Any information that you choose to make public on the Platform, including your public profile information and any public sounds, may be accessible to these developers. Please bear this in mind when deciding what information to publish on your profile. For information on how to limit the information that is available over the API, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your MuslimPreneurs account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, any new public sounds that you post or listen to on MuslimPreneurs or any new favorites will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks. In the case of connected apps, you will need to provide the app developer with full access to your MuslimPreneurs account in order to synchronize, or comment on, favorite or repost update post from within the app. This will mean sharing your public information, plus access to your private data. MuslimPreneurs is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust. For information on how to control the information that your share, and how to disconnect your account from other networks or apps, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the MuslimPreneurs community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of MuslimPreneurs, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
Choice and control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a MuslimPreneurs account, you can control your information in the following ways.
Check out the Email tab within your Settings page on the Website. When you are logged in to your account, you can access your Settings by clicking on your profile picture at the top of the screen, and selecting Settings from the drop down menu.
From the Email tab you can tell us:
- which email notifications (if any) you would like to receive from us; and
- any additional or alternative email addresses that you may wish us to use to communicate with you.
You can also turn off email notifications from the Account page within your Settings. This will immediately disable all email notifications, other than essential account notifications such as important service updates, reports of copyright infringement and other essential information relating to your account and your use of the Platform.
It is also possible to unsubscribe from email newsletters and notifications (other than essential account notifications) at any time by clicking on the link at the end of each email.
Sharing with other apps and networks
The Connections tab within your Settings on the Website enables you to control the information you share with other networks and applications. As well as selecting those of your social networks you wish to share to, you can also control access to other services and applications to which you have connected your MuslimPreneurs account.
If you register for MuslimPreneurs using your Facebook or Google+ account, your MuslimPreneurs account and your Facebook or Google+ account respectively will be connected automatically. Information regarding the public sounds that you post, listen or favorite on MuslimPreneurs will be shared with the connected Facebook or Google+ account. Content that you share with Facebook will appear on your timeline and in your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. Content you share with Google will be seen by the people from your Google+ circles when they visit your Google+ profile, make relevant Google searches, on Google-served ads, and the services selected in your Google account settings. If you do not want this information shared with Facebook or Google, please change your Settings.
SAME APPLY TO TWITTER.
Sharing with other users
MuslimPreneurs is a social place for entrepreneurs to build networking and sharing the opportunities, improve your internet presence and brand awareness, increase the search algorithm by default (in this case is about Muslim Entrepreneurs), and all about social B2B platform to make yourself as an entrepreneur to be discovered, been seen and get noticed! but if you would prefer to browse the Website anonymously, you can do so by not to register and keep surfing as visitor.
As this time being, MuslimPreneurs not allowing members to make their Profile Page as private!
Sharing with app developers
MuslimPreneurs has an open API, which allows third party developers to build some really cool apps as an extension of the Platform. Please note that your public profile information will be accessible, but this does not include anything that is not publicly available on the Website.
Information on how to block or disable cookies is included in our Cookies Policy. Further information is available at http://aboutcookies.org/.
You can use the settings within our iOS device or within the Android app to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting. For the opt-out, if you are using our iOS app, go to the settings of your iOS device and open the MuslimPreneurs tab. With an Android device you need to open the MuslimPreneurs app and open the basic settings tab within. From there you can simply disable analytics and/or bug reporting to stop any analytics data or bug reporting information being sent from the app. Further information is available in our Cookies Policy.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings on the Website at any time. Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, will be deleted and may not be recoverable. You are therefore advised to copy or back up all content uploaded to your account before you delete your account.
Even if you delete your MuslimPreneurs account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines’ caching processes are outside of MuslimPreneurs control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Please note that deleting any MuslimPreneurs Apps, or any third party apps to which your MuslimPreneurs account is connected, will not delete your MuslimPreneurs account. If you wish to delete your account, you will need to do so from the Account tab in your Settings on the Website.
Access to your data
As described above, most of the personal data and other information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the Settings page of your MuslimPreneurs account. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal data we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any personal data that we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or the address provided below.
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
International data transfers
Anyone under the age of 13 is permitted to use the Platform and but must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at email@example.com
Legal Department Loonaq Records No. 14A, Jalan Desa Kundang 2, Taman Desa Kundang, 48050 Rawang, Selangor, MALAYSIA.
Don’t want to give us your information?
Last amended: December 22, 2016
New Registered Members